Candida Albicans is a type of parasitic yeast-like fungus that inhabits the intestines, genital tract, mouth, esophagus and throat. Normally this fungus lives in healthy balance with the other bacteria and yeasts in the body, however, certain conditions can cause it to multiply weakening the immune system and causing the infection known as Candidiasis. When Candida infects the vagina it results in Vaginitis characterized by large amounts of white, cheesy discharge and intense itching and burning.
When the fungus infects the oral cavity, white sores may form on the tongue, gums and inside the cheeks. In a baby, the white spots of oral thrush may resemble milk spots. It is most common in babies and in persons with compromised immune symptoms. Virtually all people with AIDS have some type of fungal infection. Anyone who has been on long term antibiotic therapy, or has taken antibiotics often, probably has an overgrowth of Candida somewhere in the body. Antibiotics weaken the immune system and also destroy the "friendly" bacteria that normally keep Candida under control. As Candida spreads the fungus releases toxins that weaken the immune system further.
Constipation, diarrhea, colitis, abdominal pain, headaches, bad breath, impotence, memory loss, canker sores, muscle and joint pain, sore throat, nagging cough, acne, night sweats, burning tongue, and white spots on the tongue and in the mouth
- Raw, organic garlic inhibits and destroys Candida Albicans. Two separate studies showed that that garlic inhibited the growth of candida albicans in vitro. Appl Environ Microbiol, 53(3), march 1987, p. 615-617. AND Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 30(3), September 1986, p.499-501
- Eat plenty of raw vegetables and gluten-free grains such as brown rice and millet. See foods that heal.
- Drink distilled water only.
- To prevent re-infection, replace your toothbrush every 30 days and wear white cotton underwear as synthetic fibers lead to increased perspiration which creates a hospitable environment for Candida.
- Herbal colon formulas may be helpful in cleansing the intestinal tract which can help eliminate a yeast infection. If interested, click here to take a look at a high quality colon cleanse.
- If you have chronic and/or unusually persistent Candida infections, consult your healthcare provider.
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid foods that destroy, including aged cheeses, alcohol, baked goods, chocolate, dried fruits, ham, pickles, soy sauce, raw mushrooms, and nut butters.
- Eliminate citrus and acidic fruits such as orange, grapefruit, lemon, tomato and limes from your diet for one month.
1) James F. Balch, M.D, Phyllis A. Balch, C.N.C, "Prescription for Nutritional Healing," (1997)
2) S. yoshida, et al., "Antifungal Activity of Ajoene Derived from Garlic," Appl Environ Microbiol, 53(3), march 1987, p. 615-617.
3) M. Adetumbi, et al., "Allium Satvium (garlic) Inhibits Lipid Synthesis by Candida Albicans," Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 30(3), September 1986, p.499-501