The colon is a very important aspect of an individual's health. It is a vital part of the digestive system of the body. Surprisingly, the colon is approximately five to six feet in length. If a disruption occurs in this part of the body, sensitive digestion may occur.
It is very important to be aware of colon health and sensitive digestion. The colon is actually responsible for assisting in eliminating waste from the body. Once the body retrieves the necessary nutrients from the foods and drinks that we consume, the leftovers are transported to this part of the body.
When the materials pass into the colon, water is retrieved from the waste. This helps to ensure that the water stays properly hydrated. The colon may also eliminate material that is considered harmful in order to destroy it. However, if it takes too long for the waste to pass through the colon, it may result in health complications.
When there is a complication with colon health and sensitive digestion, an individual may suffer from a variety of medical problems. It may be something as simple as constipation or diarrhea, or something as serious as irritable bowel syndrome, colon cancer, colitis, hemorrhoids, crohn's disease, and similar conditions.
One of the most common conditions that involve colon health and sensitive digestion is constipation. Normally, an individual will suffer from this condition at least once over the course of a lifetime. It is a very uncomfortable, painful occurrence. Any person, of any gender, or age may suffer from this.
When a person becomes constipated, it means that the movements of the bowels are becoming less frequent. While each of us experience bowel movements in our own timing, it is generally agreed among medical professionals that if it is not experienced after a matter of three to four days, the stools will begin to harden.
There are a number of issues that can lead to the development of constipation. If you are concerned about colon health and sensitive digestion, it is important that you learn as much as you possibly can about the causes of constipation. Listed below are some examples.
1) One of the main things that can cause constipation is a general lack of water in the body. It is important to consume at least ten glasses of water on a daily basis. This will ensure that there is plenty of moisture in the body to avoid the hardening of the stools, and will keep situations with colon health and sensitive digestion in check.
2) Many that experience complications with colon health and sensitive digestion have very limited amounts of fiber in their diet. This can lead to the onset of constipation. One should ensure that they consume foods that have a lot of fiber, or select to purchase fiber supplements at the local pharmacy.
3) Many may not be aware of it, but stress can cause problems with colon health and sensitive digestion. Many times, if an individual experiences a large amount of stress, they will become constipated.
Diarrhea is another complication when it comes to colon health and sensitive digestion. When an individual experiences diarrhea, it means that the movements of bowels are very watery and extremely loose. Many will experience this situation throughout their lives. There are a number of causes for this, they are listed below:
1) If an individual experiences diarrhea, it may be a direct result of an infection in the body that is caused by various types of bacteria. This is most common in situations in which an individual has consumed foods that did not agree with them, or experienced food poisoning.
2) Many individuals who suffer from colon health and sensitive digestion problems that involve diarrhea are taking some sort of medication that does not agree with them. Many types of medications often result in diarrhea as a common side effect.
3) There are a number of gastrointestinal problems that can lead to the development of diarrhea. Many of these colon health and sensitive digestion diseases will naturally produce diarrhea as a natural way to eliminate waste that is proving to be toxic to the body.
Irritable bowel syndrome is another complication associated with colon health and sensitive digestion. This is a disease that occurs in the intestines of the body. There is no known cause for this particular complication, but there are many uncomfortable symptoms associated with the condition.
An individual who suffers from this particular colon health and sensitive digestion complication may experience pain in the abdomen, frequent and/or infrequent bowel movements, extreme fatigue, headaches, complications in sleeping, and even problems that are related to the urinary health. If you find that you suffer from this, it is imperative that you meet with your doctor.
Colon cancer is another complication that may affect the colon health and sensitive digestion. This occurs when there is a development of abnormal cells within the colon. These cells have the ability to grow and multiply rapidly. This makes this one of the main concerns when it comes to colon health and sensitive digestion.
When an individual has colon cancer, symptoms may not appear for a while after developing it. However, if this is left untreated, this cancer can spread to other areas of the body. This can prove to be fatal if it is left untreated.
Colitis is another complication that occurs when it comes to colon health and sensitive digestion. This occurs when an individual experiences ulcers in the colon. It can result in many complications in the lining of the colon and many uncomfortable symptoms. If an individual experiences this, it is absolutely necessary to seek medical treatment. There are many different symptoms associated with this complication of colon health and sensitive digestion. Weight loss, pain, and bleeding from the rectum are a few of these complications.
As you can see, there are quite a few issues that are related to colon health and sensitive digestion. If you experience any of these conditions, it is important that you seek help from your doctor as they may be able to alert you to some treatments that will prove effective.